I was blog hopping this morning and discovered it is a very special day for card crafters, do you have anything planned? I think this calls for a trip to my favorite local craft stores, don't you ;)
- World Card Making Day is a holiday especially for card makers around the world to celebrate the creativity of handmade cards and the personal connection that they create between friends and family Kick off (and get a head start on) the holiday card-making season ;)
- The first Saturday of each October, kicking off the holiday card-making season, the most popular time for creating and sharing handmade greetings.
- The card-making community worldwide, including hobbyists, beginning card makers, manufacturers of card-making products, retail sellers of products, educators, and press are invited to come together to celebrate this holiday and creative passion.
- It is a day to connect with fellow card makers both near and far, to applaud the creativity that powers the craft, and to provide an opportunity for card makers to connect and find resources that will empower, inspire, and encourage them in their card making.
- Well the HOW is entirely up to you but I thought I'd share a few of my ideas to get you started so here goes.
- Call a few friends and hop on down to your local craft store for a visit, they may just have an event planned. Too far to drive? How about an online visit ;)
- Plan an impromptu cardmaking party.
- Dig through those cardmaking supplies and find the last new goodie you purchased. Create a card for that special someone.
- Visit this link for even more great ideas!